What are you looking for?
Click on the links to the right to navigate to the information you need!
Examples of standards with student work and lessons
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics - http://www.nctm.org/standards/content.aspx?id=27524 - This one-of-a-kind guide identifies and highlights the ways in which NCTM resources can support teachers as they implement and supplement the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics in their states. The guide and accompanying charts are tools to help educators as they continue to make high-quality mathematics happen in their classrooms and schools. Don’t forget to go to Illuminations link, which provides lessons, activities, and online games and activities to teach math.
- NCSM National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics- http://www.mathedleadership.org/ NCSM is a national mathematics leadership organization providing resources, networking, collaboration, and support for mathematics student achievement.
- Math Common Core Resources – http://www.nctm.org/standards/mathcommoncore/ -Mathematics Common Core Coalition works to provide expertise and advice on issues related to the effective implementation of the CCSSM.
- Comparing CCSS and NCTM’s Curriculum Focal Points http://www.achieve.org/files/CCSSandFocalPoints.pdf - Achieve has analyzed the CCSS and Focal Points to determine how they compare in terms of rigor, coherence, and focus mathematical content.
- "Mathematics and the Common Core: Helping Illinois Educators Prepare for New Standards" - http://www.lsri.uic.edu/ccss/ - was a one-day conference organized to help local school districts, school leaders, and mathematics teachers better understand the Common Core State Standards and encourage them to approach the new standards in productive and meaningful ways. The conference was held on February 16, 2011 at the UIC Forum.